Whether it's a summer harvest, fresh basil from the farmers market, or in our case from our occasional hydroponics harvest, this is a delicious way to keep your basil ready to use at your fingertips throughout the year.
Write a review
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 8 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- Juice from one lemon (optional)
- In a food processor, mince garlic first. And basil in portions and process until combined. Add remaining ingredients and process until very smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Makes about 2 cups pesto. Freeze in 1/4 cup portions (or 4 tablespoons). Also freezes well in 1 tablespoon portions in ice cube trays.
- When ready to use, boil 8 ounces of pasta and mix with 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) thawed pesto.
Allergy Kitchen http://allergy-kitchen.com/