I Can’t Believe How Good These Waffles Are
I cannot tell you how many gluten/wheat free flour mixes I have concocted over the years to try to get the taste and texture right. Many times, my husband has walked in on me amidst one of these undertakings and commented that it looked like a science experiment was going on in our kitchen. Recently, I perfected (yes, I believe so) the gluten-free wheat free waffle/pancake flour mixture. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have!
- 4 cups white rice flour - Bob's Red Mill Rice Flour White, 24-Ounce (Pack of 4)
- 1 cup brown rice flour - Bob's Red Mill, Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour, 24 oz Packages (680 g) (Pack of 4)
- 1 cup teff flour - Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Teff Flour, 24-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
- 3 cups tapioca flour - Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour, 20-Ounce (Pack of 4)
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot flour - Bob's Red Mill Arrowroot Starch Flour, 16 oz
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 scant teaspoons xanthum gum - Bob's Red Mill Gum Xanthan, 8-Ounce
- 6 pinches salt
- 6 teaspoons egg replacer - Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seed - Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal, 16-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4) or Spectrum Organic Ground Flaxseed, 14 Oz
- Rice milk
- Olive oil
- Combine flour mixture ingredients in an airtight container and shake/mix until well combined. Store in pantry until ready to use.
- Mix about 1 to 1 1/2 cups rice milk and 1 tablespoon of oil per cup of flour mixture until well blended. I prefer my mixture a a little thinner. Pour into heated waffle iron (recommended), or pour into a heated and greased nonstick pan, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup (although my 5- yr old loves the waffles so much that she doesn't even ask for the syrup! My husband still goes for the syrup, though.)